WHY SHOULD I GIVE?
At Fellowship Bible Church, we believe that nothing belongs to us. God owns everything. He is the owner, controller, and provider of all things. We are stewards of what is already His.
Psalm 24:1 “The earth is the Lord's, and all it contains, the world, and those who dwell in it.”
We are called to be both faithful and generous when handling God's resources. When we give, we trust God and proclaim with our lives that our resources are His and our ultimate joy and satisfaction are found only in Him.
Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
A Heart of Giving
The Bible has this to say about giving:
- Give our lives to God first. 2 Corinthians 8:5: "...they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us."
- Give generously, not greedily. 2 Corinthians 9:6: “The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.”
- Give joyfully, not reluctantly. 2 Corinthians 9:7: “Each one must give as he has made up his mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
- Give humbly, not for applause. Matthew 6:3-4: “But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”
- Give without fear. Malachi 3:10: “Bring the full tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.”
WAYS TO GIVE
Online: Online giving can be used to make one-time contributions or to set up scheduled giving (scheduled giving requires users to register). We encourage regular attendees and members to utilize this option.
On Sunday: Place your gifts in an offering plate during the service or in one of the designated boxes located at the back of the Worship Center.
By Mail: Mail your contributions to the church office.
If you have any further questions regarding giving, please call the church office.