Prayer Task Force
Prayer is one of the foundational functions of the church and the life and power behind its ministry of missions. A praying church is prepared to sacrifice the time and comfort that earnest prayer sometimes necessitates and it spontaneously and specifically prays in times of need. Prayer is not an optional extra for a church as the Scriptures contain many encouragements for churches to pray, particularly for the spread of the Gospel and the growth of the global church. Because prayer was one of the four principles on which the life of the early church was based, the church at Jerusalem grew.
At FBC, there are opportunities for the development of prayer in the life of its members, either personally or corporately.
- Prayer focus on needs of mission workers
- Meets 4th Monday of each month
- 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM in FBC Prayer Room
- Prayer team members receive regular prayer requests, updates, newsletters from mission workers via email
- Personally hear updates and pray with visiting workers
FBC/TBC PRAYER PARTNERSHIP
- Prayer focus on work with unreached people groups and local outreach
- Meets Thursday evenings from 7:00 – 8:00 PM. (locations vary)
- Prayer team members hear answers to prayer and receive new requests in each meeting