Short Term Missions
The FBC Short Term Missions Task Force enables people from our body to go wherever the Lord desires. Our focus is on short term trips, lasting anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
Our Missions Executive Task Force has identified a number of international areas where FBC can focus people and resources to have a significant and strategic impact, often in support of missionaries and missions organizations with whom we already partner.
The Short Term Missions Task Force will recruit and equip people who have (or desire to develop) specific talents, experiences, and skills, and will enable them to get into the mission field and back home safely. Our Task Force will train team members in fund raising, as our church is not able to bear the full cost of such ventures. We will also train in field security and safety, and cross cultural ministry.
2019 SHORT-TERM TRIPS
CANADA | july 26-august 5, 2019
Camp theme - Green Energy
We are looking for 7-10 people to help us minister through science. We will provide training and you do not need a science background to help! The trip will also include a stop at Niagara Falls. We invite anyone 16 years old and up to apply - students ages 12-15 may apply to join the team with a parent.
Registration will close in mid April so sign up now!
Cost about $700 USD / person. Team fundraising opportunities are available.
Ethiopia | october 6-11, 2019
This team will provide medical care to several villages in an area in which we are just beginning to do work. The local churches there will be able to invite their neighbors for medical care and have a chance to develop relationships with them. This will provide opportunities for them to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Cost about $2800 USD / person.
ethiopia | october 11-19, 2019
This team will minister to women and children. We will partner with an established ministry that serves poor women and their children. Details of the ministry events are being developed. Your ideas for ways to serve them will be welcome.
Cost about $2800 USD / person.
other PROJECTS AND PLANS
- Evangelizing South Asian young people living in Canada through science camps
- Discipleship ministry to orphans and staff in Uganda in partnership with Bless The Children Ministry
- Special outreach projects on college campuses
- Service on the Short Term Missions Task Force
It is our desire to be good stewards, both financially and spiritually, of the resources that God has given us. We also strive to prepare our teams to show unity in Christ and a heart of service to those we will meet.
To help us achieve this, we require each team member to commit to:
- Contribute one's own funds for the trip, either through personal means or fundraising activities.
- Function as a full member of a missions team through participation in planning and preparation, respect and submission to the team’s leadership, and flexibility and humility in adapting to unforeseen circumstances
- Live out their Christian life in personal devotion, Scripture study, prayer, and community life as a disciple of Jesus
NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST OF A SHORT TERM TRIP
- Passports, visa, and passport photos
- Prayer and fundraising letters and postage
- Personal meals separate from the team
- Some tourist-type events (most team activities like sightseeing are included in the cost; you’ll be notified in advance of non-covered expenses). If, after times of prayer, your Lord is calling you to service, contact the Short Term Missions Task Force through the form below.
If you're interested in applying for a Short Term Mission Trip, please fill out the following form.
Also, if you have a suggestion for a trip we should consider, please fill out the following form. One of our Task Force members will connect with you.
Our Short Term Missions Task Force Chair, Kim Campbell, would be delighted to meet with you to discuss any topic related to short term missions at FBC. Contact him at