Short Term Missions
The FBC Short Term Missions Task Force enables people from our body to go wherever the Lord desires. Our focus is on short term trips, lasting anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
Our Missions Executive Task Force has identified a number of international areas where FBC can focus people and resources to have a significant and strategic impact, often in support of missionaries and missions organizations with whom we already partner.
The Short Term Missions Task Force will recruit and equip people who have (or desire to develop) specific talents, experiences, and skills, and will enable them to get into the mission field and back home safely. Our Task Force will train team members in fund raising, as our church is not able to bear the full cost of such ventures. We will also train in field security and safety, and cross cultural ministry.
2018 SHORT-TERM TRIPS
Ethiopia | JUNE 9-19, 2018
Our FBC Workers, John and Kay McNally, need 5-6 health professionals for medical evangelism clinics. Physicians, PA’s, nurses, nurse assistants, paramedics, practically any health professional can bring their talents to the field. Help our GMD2 evangelists establish new indigenous churches in rural Ethiopia.
Cost about $3,000 USD / person. Includes air-fare, guest house in Addis, meals, transportation to villages, visa-on-arrival, and medicines. Immunizations and malaria prophylaxis are not required.
CANADA | july 20-30, 2018
Camp theme - Making Waves (all about sound, light, ocean waves)
We are looking for at least 18 people for 2018 to help us minister through science. We will provide training in June and you do not need a science background to help!
Registration will close in mid May so sign up now!
Cost about $650 USD / person.
other PROJECTS AND PLANS
- Evangelizing South Asian young people living in Canada through science camps
- Discipleship ministry to orphans and staff in Uganda in partnership with Bless The Children Ministry
- Special outreach projects on college campuses
- Service on the Short Term Missions Task Force
It is our desire to be good stewards, both financially and spiritually, of the resources that God has given us. We also strive to prepare our teams to show unity in Christ and a heart of service to those we will meet.
To help us achieve this, we require each team member to commit to:
- Contribute one's own funds for the trip, either through personal means or fundraising activities.
- Function as a full member of a missions team through participation in planning and preparation, respect and submission to the team’s leadership, and flexibility and humility in adapting to unforeseen circumstances
- Live out their Christian life in personal devotion, Scripture study, prayer, and community life as a disciple of Jesus
NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST OF A SHORT TERM TRIP
- Passports, visa, and passport photos
- Prayer and fundraising letters and postage
- Personal meals separate from the team
- Some tourist-type events (most team activities like sightseeing are included in the cost; you’ll be notified in advance of non-covered expenses). If, after times of prayer, your Lord is calling you to service, contact the Short Term Missions Task Force through the form below.
If you're interested in applying for a Short Term Mission Trip, please fill out the following form.
Also, if you have a suggestion for a trip we should consider, please fill out the following form. One of our Task Force members will connect with you.
Our Short Term Missions Task Force Chair, Kim Campbell, would be delighted to meet with you to discuss any topic related to short term missions at FBC. Contact him at